Pages

26 Nov 2010

Sea And Beyond, Part 1 (Partly)

The final piece for Trek is finally underway! This is reaching the seashore from land, and starting to dream of what lies at the other end of a journey a thousand times longer...

Sea And Beyond, Part 1 by pethu

This time around, I did something I've come to do more and more often when composing: Not thinking much about melody or rhythms, but instead thinking of moods and sounds. Here the basis is a drum group of mainly taikos, but also djembes and tabla, along with some wishy-washy "sea chords". Whether this will build up into more of a majestic orchestral rock piece towards the end or continue more or less in the current vein, I have no idea as of yet.

Anyway, it's the kind of a start I feel confident I can build on.

Leaving you for now with with a truly compelling argument for software synthesizers:



(By the way — I won't leave here without my entire collection of Simon Pegg sketches!)

2 comments:

  1. This video is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life!! We laughed do hard that we had a coughing fit. I've never heard of this person, but I'll be looking up more on YouTube! Your final piece sounds like good sea travel music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi -

    I was tring to contact you and saw no email address to do so. And this being the last day my internet connect point will be up for a few months (they are moving the location).

    I just wanted to say thank you very much for the Minim and Maxim mixers you created. I was having a problem with Mikesbord on my XP system with my vst hosts and discovered your mixers work great.

    I am using them in LiveProfessor by ifoundsound.

    Anyhow - i just wanted to say thankyou before loosing connection.

    I found the Minim a tad small rez wise on my 1920 HD monitor but the Maxim Mixer much better.

    I hope you'll continue to support it as i posted a link on the ifoundsound site for vst that work with Live Proffessor...

    You should post these mixers on KVR Audio as well.

    again - thanx a bunch.
    Keep making music
    see you when i get back on the net in a few months.

    chase canadé

    ReplyDelete